Submit a Ride
GPC ride leaders may submit rides online for review and approval by the Ride Coordinator. Ride leaders must be current members and must log in using the email address that is associated with their GPC membership. If you need help, see our information about how to log in. Then, click the Ride Listing Tool button above to start the process. The Ride Listing tool allows you to view and edit your ride, post preliminary or "placeholder" rides, post updates and cancellations, and more.
If you have questions about planning, listing, or leading a ride, please contact.
Using the Ride Creation or Editing Form
- If you want to search for a previous ride and copy it as a starting point for your ride, see our step-by-step instructions.
- The form contains many fields, but only a few of them are mandatory.
- Many of the fields provide help. Hover your mouse over the information button next to the field description.
- Wherever possible, try to use the individual fields rather than putting more information in the description. This leads to a more uniform appearance of rides and takes advantage of other built-in features. Don't repeat information in the description that is aleady entered in other fields.
- The description field uses a WYSIWYG html editor, so you can add some minor formatting. It allows only a few html tags, including those that are in the toolbar. Other tags you enter manually may be stripped out.
Timing and Editing
You can submit a new ride anytime, but more lead time is always better. See the timing page for a complete explanation and more details. Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- After you submit your ride, a skeleton version of it will appear in the online ride schedule. The full listing will display after it is approved by the Ride Coordinator.
- You can delete or edit your ride after submitting it, up to a point, as described on the timing page.
- You can allow other members to edit your ride if you wish. Otherwise, only you and the Ride Coordinator can delete or edit your ride.
- Even if you cannot edit your ride, you can always post Status Updates. In particular, you can use this mechanism to announce weather cancellations or important information that was not in the original listing.
There are a few more things to know about working with repeating rides.
You can optionally enable pre-registration for your ride. Registration can be mandatory or not. If mandatory, registration can have a limit on the number of riders.