Pre-registration for Rides
Ride leaders have the option of enabling pre-registration for their rides. If a leader chooses to enable pre-registration then a link to pre-register will appear in the online ride listing. The advantages of pre-registration include legibility of phone numbers carried on the ride (safety issue), information regarding quantity of cue sheets to print, indication of necessity for a co-leader, and a faster sign-in process.
- Members simply follow the link in the online ride listing to pre-register for a ride.
- Members may register guests and other riders in addition to themselves, but non-members cannot access the registration page.
- Pre-registration, if enabled for a ride, may be optional or mandatory. If a leader sets pre-registration as optional, then unregistered riders can sign up at the ride start.
- There is no harm in registering for a ride and then failing to show up for it. If you are not present at the start, you will not be counted as a participant for the ride.
- You can remove your registration (if the leader has not closed pre-registration) by following the same pre-registration link in the ride schedule.
- If a ride is cancelled due to weather, and there is a Rain Date, you must register again for the rain date. Your original registration does not carry over. It is a different day, after all, and rider availability might be completely different.
- Leaders access the pre-registration setup options through the Ride Listing Tool.
- By default, pre-registration is Enabled and Optional for newly created rides. If you want it to be Mandatory, or to disable pre-registration, you must change it.
- It is best to enable pre-registration when you create the ride, but you can do it anytime prior to the ride. Allow enough time for members to register.
- When you create a new repeating ride, the pre-registration applies only to the first occurrence of the ride. However, pre-registration for each subsequent occurrence will be automatically created within a day after the prior ride takes place. The settings will match those of the prior ride. If the prior ride is suppressed, the settings from the ride prior to that will be used.
- Pre-registration for Rain Dates must be created manually and should not be done unless the original ride is actually rained out. The original pre-registration does not carry over to the rain dates.
- Most leaders use the fully electronic process, but if you want to use a paper sign-in sheet, then sometime prior to the ride (probably the night before) you must go back to the Ride Listing Tool, close the registration, and print a sign-in sheet. The sheet will have all of the information for the riders as well as the ride details filled in. Take the pre-filled sign-in sheet to the ride start. You can ask riders to sign next to their printed names or you can just check them off to take attendance. You can accept more riders at the start by having them fill in their information on the paper sign-in sheet.