GPC Meeting & Email Code of Conduct
The club has adopted this Code of Conduct for its business meetings and business-oriented email discussions.
Respect & Appreciation
- Act toward others with kindness, and assume that other people are acting in good faith.
- Remember we are a team; be collaborative and supportive.
- Feedback should seek to be as productive as possible so we can all work towards a solution collectively.
- Talk one at a time, waiting to be recognized by the meeting facilitator.
- Don't make rude comments to other people.
Time & Attention
- Be prompt in arriving to the meeting and in returning from breaks.
- Respect others' time; we should seek to be concise in our comments in order to give other people room to speak.
- If you tend to speak a lot, recognize that, and give other people the time to speak.
- Avoid revisiting topics about which decisions have already been made, unless pertinent new information is available.
- Listen to the idea as a whole, and understand the idea; do not chip away at minutiae, as this is counter-productive.
- Stay on the topic being discussed.
- Don't discuss personal issues during the meeting, except when it is about the subject being discussed.
- No side conversations.
Address any concerns about the meeting with the meeting facilitator. It is the meeting facilitator's job to bring the meeting to order. If people feel they can not talk about issues or concerns during the meeting, they can talk to the President or Vice President about their issues outside of the meeting time.
This is a living document; suggested changes are welcome. Please send your ideas to the board.
This Code of Conduct was adopted at the club meeting of September 2019 after preliminary discussion at the meeting of August 2019. A copy is printed in the October 2019 issue of Wheel Truth.