Come Ride With Us
Welcome! Grizzly Peak Cyclists is a bicycle club of about 600 members based in Berkeley, California.
We have club rides every weekend throughout the year, and many weekdays too. Roughly half our rides are in the East Bay; the rest are all over the San Francisco Bay Area, and beyond. Our ride calendar is on this website and in our newsletter. Our members' riding interests run the gamut. We have novices, intermediates, advanceds, and everything in between. Our rides are correspondingly diverse.
Come ride with us. Each ride is rated to indicate the expected terrain, pace, and distance, so you can choose a ride suited to your abilities. Be sure to review our rider guidelines before your first ride to avoid any surprises. You do not have to be a member to attend our rides, but if you're ready, you can join now!Grizzly Peak Century
We have hosted the annual Grizzly Peak Century since 1975. The event is known for its challenging but beautiful terrain and gourmet home-made food. For more information, click on the button above to see our century website.
Every year, we make significant donations out of the proceeds raised from our Grizzly Peak Century to organizations and causes that promote or help bicycling in some way — be it advocacy, safety, education, awareness, or the bicycling environment. See our donations page for details.
Tell Us About Your Epic Rides:
When thinking about epic rides, I am reminded of the expression "it is not the glory, it is the story".
Often, cyclists regale their friends about their rides, braving the elements against the odds or taking on a daunting personal challenge. Long adventures requiring perseverance, determination and resourcefulness are familiar themes too.
Epic ride stories usually include touching or funny moments involving friendship, camaraderie and some selflessness.
We want to hear your stories! The submissions should be <250 words and will be published in the Wheel Truth and on our website. A photo of your epic adventure will be appreciated but not required. Please send your submission to Wheel Truth editor John Swanda,
GPC Swap Meet
- Sunday November 7, 3-5 pm
- North Berkeley BART Station, parking lot
- Come buy, sell, trade, give away and find bicycles, parts, accessories and clothing!
- For GPC members and the cycling community -- no commercial vendors please
- Optional: help the event organizers by bringing a table
- Alan Forkosh has agreed to be our new speaker series leader!
- All Speaker Series replays available on the GPC YouTube Channel.
New Ebike Policy
At our September 8 club business meeting the board and present members adopted an ebike policy for the club. The board will revisit this policy in six months. The main features are:
- It is the ebike rider's responsibility to learn whether the route is legal for their bike.
- Only Class I and Class III bikes are permitted on club rides
- The ride leader of only M, MB, or B paced rides may exclude ebikes, and must state that restriction in the ride description
Let our motto be your guide —
Ride to Eat and Eat to Ride!