Vegetarian and Vegan food
We have plenty of Vegetarian and Vegan food options at our century. At the rest stops, all our food is meatless, and while most of our breads and cookies have eggs and/or milk products, we have plenty of fresh fruit. Some rest stops have bagels or roast potatoes.
At lunch we have several vegan choices including:
- Grilled vegetables
- Our fabulous grilled mixed vegetables: eggplant, bell peppers, green zucchini, and golden zucchini — all marinated in Hoisin Sauce (sugar, vinegar, soy beans, water, salt, wheat flour, garlic, sesame seed, chili, spices and coloring), minced garlic, and black pepper. The vegetables are cooked on a separate grill from the chicken.
- Fruit salad
- Consists entirely of fruits.
- Jeweled rice salad
- White rice, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, honey, scallions, walnuts and red seedless grapes, water and salt.
- Bulgur wheat, pepper, allspice, nutmeg, lemon juice, olive oil, scallions, mint, parsely, tomatoes, garbanzos and cucumbers.
- Lentil salad
- Green lentils, cucumbers, yellow and orange bell peppers, onions, baby tomatoes, basil, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Roast potatoes
- Potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and parsley. Roast potatoes are normally served at Rest Stop #3 (Briones) but leftovers often make their way to lunch.