Timing of Ride Submittals and Editing
The online GPC ride schedule is the definitive source for club events. A tentative version of the schedule is also published in the monthly Wheel Truth newsletter. Additions and changes to the schedule are common after publication of the Wheel Truth.
Wheel Truth Deadlines
To be published in the Wheel Truth, rides must be submitted early enough to be approved by the Ride Coordinator, sent to the WT editor, assembled into the newsletter, printed, and mailed. The deadlines for submitting rides using the online Ride Listing Tool for inclusion in the Wheel Truth are as follows (for submitting by email the deadlines are one day earlier):
- 9:00 pm on the 22nd of the month, usually.
- 9:00 pm on the 20th of the month, in February.
- Earlier sometimes if needed by the Ride Coordinator or WT editor.
It is always a good idea to submit your rides early to allow time for the Ride Coordinator to communicate with you if there is a problem with your submittal.
When can I create a new ride?
You can submit a new ride anytime, but if you do not meet the WT deadline described above your ride will not be published in the Wheel Truth. As a result, your ride may draw fewer participants. Leaders are encouraged to meet the WT deadlines whenever possible for maximum outreach to other members.
When can I edit a ride?
- You can always edit a ride that has not yet been approved as complete by the ride coordinator.
- You can edit rides that have been approved as complete until 24 hours prior to the ride meeting time. After that, you should use a Status Update to pass along late-breaking information about the ride, including weather cancellations.